Saturday, January 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus


I have found the Christmas season to be such a chaotic busy time in my life. Above all I want my kids to know and understand the true meaning of Christmas. When I heard about the idea of making a birthday cake for Jesus, I knew Abbigail would definately be "down" with that idea! Chocolate cake, frosting and sprinkles - what 3 year old wouldn't? Birthdays are such a big deal to her now and this gave her a tangible way to see and understand that Christmas is really Jesus' birthday and therefore it's a day that is supposed to be about Him and not us.

So.....we invited Ashlyn Vix over and together they decorated - creatively I must say - a beautiful cake in His honor.....red and green sprinkles abounded and we all enjoyed a taste as well :) I know Jesus was blessed by this act of love.

1 comment:

  1. So fun! We went to a happy birthday Jesus party that a friend threw! (She has a almost 3 year old boy). It was fun - complete with hot dogs, birthday cake and candles to blow out! :) I'm totally going to throw one next year!

    ReplyDelete