Thursday, April 15, 2010

FOUR? Really?






I have often heard it said that:

"The days are long but the years are short."

I've only had four years with my Abbigail Joy and I can say this is TRUE!!

Where have the four years gone?

Nothing could have prepared me for the joy of motherhood. How wonderful to be able to spend my days training the next generation to seek the Lord with all their hearts! I love it. Such an overwhelming task most days. So thankful for the love and support of friends and family and ultimately - of God - who never calls us to something He doesn't equip us with the tools to accomplish.

Abbigail you have brought so much joy into our home. We just love your sensitive, caring spirit. Your compassion for others is so obvious and I know that God will use that to bless many people you come into contact with. From day one, we noticed your silliness and your laughter has filled our home with joy! You have grown into such a wonderful big sister and the ways you help mommy and daddy with Ella have made our hearts smile. We know Jesus is smiling on you too as He lives inside your heart now! What fun to be able to hear you pray and ask Him to be Lord of your life! To see you grow in your knowledge of Him and hearing you talk about Bible stories you've learned and applying verses to your life, makes the hard work of parenting pay off! We know God has big plans for your life as you continue to obey Him. We love you!

Happy 4th Birthday!


1 comment:

  1. The time does go by so quickly! You are a great mom, Coreen. I have a lot of respect for how your are constantly pointing your girls to Christ. Thanks for sharing this sweet post!

    ReplyDelete