Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Berube Bites


Raspberry Cheesecake Bars


* get ready for an AMAAAAAAAZING recipe! This was so so so delicious.....
and of course no calories at all :)

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 package white chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pkg cream cheese
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1 can raspberry pie filling - 16 oz
2 Tbsp cornstarch

Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 pan
combine flour, oats, sugar cinnamon and nutmeg
cut in butter using a fork till crumbly
add white chocolate chips
reserve 2 1/2 cups for topping
press remaining mixture in bottom of pan
Beat cream cheese until creamy
add milk, lemon juice, zest and vanilla
blend until smooth
pour over crust
combine pie filling and cornstarch
spoon over cream cheese
sprinkle with reserved flour mixture
bake for 25-30 minutes

* I did not have pie filling so I made my own using frozen raspberries and fresh strawberries. I cooked them up with a bit of water and quite a bit of cornstarch and also added some sugar. I did not put nutmeg in the crumble cause I thought it was an odd ingredient??? I just used lemon juice - no zest - but I am thinking it would have added even more wonderful taste had I used it so I plan to next time. The combination of the lemon flavor with the raspberries and white chocolate was a slice of Heaven!

Hope you enjoy!





















































5 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks soooooo good! Have to add a few things to my grocery list so I can make them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. there you go, lying about the calories again. tsk tsk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM that sounds very yummy. I am always looking for recipes for white chocolate as I can't have the caffeine in regular chocolate. Looking forward to trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I made this recipe today. Very yummy! I think I would change a few things next time. I find the white chocolate chips don't really melt but scorch. I think I would put them in the cream cheese layer. The base is a bit crumbly...maybe because I used margerine instead of butter so will try with butter next time.
    Thanks again for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete