Thursday, May 13, 2010

Berube Bites

Zucchini Bread

3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts

Bake 40 minutes or so till toothpick comes out clean. Less for muffins.

*My alterations*

I used 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup applesauce - if you don't have enough zucchini you could also subsitute applesauce for that. I also cut down on the sugar and used a scant 2 cups. I like to sprinkle some walnuts on the top of the loaves or muffins as well.

My girls have just devoured these and my hubby as well - a new favorite around here!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. I'll be making this for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! Is this the one you made when I was over? If so, I'm very excited you posted the recipe!

    -megan

    ReplyDelete