Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

* love the sunshine but where's the heat?

* Nothing beats a little family music night with guitar, piano, ukelele, and maracas!

* Abbigail.....3 times a flower girl....never a _______?

* flooded basements - never fun - but....better than sewage!

* "Yet I am confident I will see the Lord's goodness while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalm 27:13-14

* garage sale - this Friday/Saturday!

* "I have learned to live each day as it comes and not to borrow trouble by dreading tomorrow." Dorothy Dix

* summer clothes officially in dresser drawers.....now if we can just get some SUMMER!

* garden status - everything but cilantro and potatoes are up!!! Carrots, corn, onions, zucchini, cucumbers, radishes, beats and the SURPRISE sunflowers!

* Abbigail's birthday cake for birthday 5 has already been decided....by Miss A herself.....a GARDEN cake! Hmmmm.....might have to google that one!

* we need to get some family pics done.....

* sibling rivalry as officially begun.....deep breath.....

* The Jesus Storybook Bible - Every story whispers his name - by Sally Lloyd-Jones - amazing devotional for kids!

* waiting for some heat to go to the Roosevelt Kiddy Pool - the backyard one is sufficient for now....

* "Because of His boundless love, He became what we are in order that He might make us what He is." Irenaeus

* I need new meal ideas?

* heavy hearts.....hopeful hearts.....much prayer for our dear friends Laura and Eric.....

* "God can be trusted even when he can't be tracked." James Dobson

* I think Ella's in a competition with an invisible friend to see who can destroy the house quicker! Ella wins.....HANDS DOWN!

* loved a friend of mine's Facebook status one day :

I am thoroughly convinced that one of the biggest lessons of life is learning to LIVE during the waiting.


* the wave petunias are gorgeous this year.....but why won't my geraniums blossom?

* why do people think it's okay to not have car insurance? Sure would be nice to get that money......since that's what the kitchen renovations are hinging on!

* how encouraging the Psalms have been to my heart lately!

* These are lyrics to a great song!
Maker of Heaven, giver of life, you are my strength my song in the night, my rescue my shelter now and forever more, my help comes from the Lord."

* "Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today. Let us begin."
Mother Teresa

* "Lord remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered - how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath. We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it. And so Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you." Psalm 39: 4-7




1 comment:

  1. i agree with most of what you posted, especially the "where's the heat?" :)

    ReplyDelete