Friday, June 25, 2010

Berube Bites



Rhubarb Strawberry Muffins

**A friend gave me some fresh rhubarb so I got right to making this recipe! Have I mentioned how I love summer :)

1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oil (I use half applesauce)
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond flavoring
2 1/2 cups flour (I use 2 white and 1/2 whole wheat)
1 tsp soda
1 tsp b powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups fruit

Mix all ingredients together. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of each muffin.

Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes

*** If you use more rhubarb than strawberries, I would increase the sugar a little. I used 1 cup rhubarb and 1/2 cup strawberries and it was on the tart side - good if you like a tarter rather than sweeter muffin.

ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yum! If my tummy wasn't sick I'd make those today too!! I have a ton of rhubarb I need to use soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I love the combo of rhubarb and strawberries! My mom used to serve a rhubarb/strawberry pie that was wonderful!! (Oh, and Coreen, have I mentioned that I hate summer - temperatures 95-101 degrees! Ugh!! )

    ReplyDelete