Thursday, March 28, 2013

First Things First


Well.....alas....before I can post Easter things I must get you caught up with our St Patty's day activities!
First let's all dress in green, lest we get pinched :)
Then we'll partake in some green pancakes......
 

What does one use to decorate for St Patty's day?  That would be some sticky sided shamrocks slapped on either side of a green spatula stuck in a marble filled green mug for a centerpiece....a shamrock scarf (cause dollar shopping mama's are cool like that) for a runner......and well.....hanging on the curtains - that's Ella's Shamrock from Sunday school that I carefully ripped off her white paper and glued to some green paper.  Shhhhh don't tell her.  The kids seriously get giddy over this and it took me about 8.3 minutes to create :)
Then I set Jonah up with his green tray.....ie every green item I could find....on a green tray of course :)
And the girls and I worked on ROY G. BIV.....man I hope I never grow out of my love for rainbows!  Youtube is also my friend.  Found the coolest song about ROY G. BIV.  Song is such a great way to learn things!  Then we made rainbows out of clay.

And now for the green bath......this was the highlight......pretty sure I won mama of the year in their eyes for this one.  And all I did was drop some green food coloring in the water and dig out the green foam I've been saving for oh.....7.5 years in a tote in the depths of the basement.  All for such a time as this :)  Cut out a few faces and hats and shamrocks and.... VOILA!  A green St Patty's Day bath!


 topped it all off with lime popsicles.....the littles ate theirs in the tub cause that's just smart mommying if ya ask me :)



and then quick downstairs.....humor mama and take one more pic by the green wall......(when your basement is half-finished and old, you cheer it up by painting a lime green wall dontchaknow?) 

They live for theme days......and their mama quite enjoys them as well!

Happy very belated St Patty's Day !


No comments:

Post a Comment